Merry Friday, Los Angeles!
The ongoing siege of the Central City Association is ongoing! :-P
- 5:45 p.m. Facilitation Committee Meeting at Cabbage Patch (520 W 6th St.)
- 6:30 p.m. Resources Committee Meetings at Pershing Square (6th/Olive)
- 7:30 p.m. General Assembly of Los Angeles at Pershing Square (6th/Olive) (no proposals)
- Post-GA: March to a corporate location to protest their membership in the Central City Association, a business lobby responsible for the criminalization of the homeless. This action is part of the on-going siege on the Central City Association. Click the link for more info.
- 10:00 p.m. SPEAK OUT! What are the ways big oil affects our policy-making and lives? How do corporations like Chevron impact politics (globally and locally)? As a client of the Central City Association, how does this relationship exemplify the "money in politics" and capitalism?
- If anyone is particularly interested or knowledgeable in big oil's policymaking, actions and corrupt practices please come down tonight to GA to march with us and speak out! let's educate each other and grow our collective thought!
- We will OCCUPY BIG OIL to raise awareness of the CCA lobby, as well as the corruption of big oil. In the morning, we will have a picket. BRING TENT