OWS=Occupy Wall Street OLA=Occupy Los Angeles
I felt compelled to write this after I saw a post on the homepage about Kieth Olberman, then I noticed we have a lot of post's about celebrities. What concern's me is the "Star Struck Attitude" we seem to be getting here. I just hope we don't lose focus on why we are doing this, and how it only takes a few to compromise this movement or derail it through careless trust issues and unguarded comment's.
So please read my following thoughts, take a minute to think about them & respond or react, let me know if you think I'm full of sh*t, paranoid or have a valid point.
To OWS, OLA & The Media & Talk show host's who throw their support behind OWS & OLA, or may sympathize with our movement, I would pose the following statement's & question's for your response:
All due respect to Mr. Olberman, as well as any other "Media & Talk Show Host", their Number 1 Priority is to keep their show on the air.
Due to "The 99%" philosophy of OWS OLA, igniting our revolution against the Greed & Unfair Business practices of the other 1% , Corporation;s, The Financial Industry & the Politician's who paved their ways. There is already an obvious "Conflict of Interest" between our revolution & the "Media & Talk Show Host's". This is a fact based on who the Media & Talk Show Host's work for, the major corporation's, & those who pay for the show's, The other major corporation's along with many companies who are a part of the Financial Industry.
So I ask, when the invertible happens, some time during the course of our revolution, and the media or talk show host is faced with the decision of how to cover us due to the pressure applied by their employer's or advertiser's, will you:
A) Sacrifice your career's & ignore what your employer's or advertiser's require of you
B) Abandon us
Those are the only two choices you will have, no matter how you may want to spin a third or fourth choice.
What will you do?
To "Occupy" I ask,
With all due respect to the media & talk show host's, can they be trusted? There is a conflict of interest.
Don't waste the effort of this movement, don't compromise the importance of this movement, a movement that involves hundreds of million's of individual's in this country, and all those other billion's watching our effort through out the world.