Health Care for the 99%
New Orleans Style Funeral March & Speak Out!
Mourn Those Killed By Health Insurance Corporate Greed
Monday Jan 9, 2012
11AM Gather at Pershing Square, 532 South Olive St., 90013
11:15AM Funeral Procession
12PM Speak out and Rally at Anthem Blue Cross at 810 Figueroa Street.
Themed as New Orleans jazz funeral procession with live jazz band and coffins to mourn those lost to the greed of the for-profit health insurance industry. There will be a public speak out in front of the Anthem Blue Cross building
1. Healthcare is a human right2. SB810 removes the private health insurance corporate industry from our healthcare
3. SB810 will save Californians $345 billion dollars in 10yrs while private insurance industry waste $0.31 of every healthcare dollar.
4. SB810 would deliver health care to everyone while insurance industries attempt to avoid the sick, deny claims, and pass expenses on to others.
5. Health care in itself is a human right and regardless of policies attempting to be passed in congress, or on a state by state basis, attention must be drawn to this very important concept “Remove corporate control and profit from health care”!
6. 50 million Americans lack healthcare.7. ½ of all bankruptcies are due to medical debt and a majority of these people had health insurance at the onset of their illness.8. Over 18,000 people a year die directly to lack of insurance.
End Corporate Control of Health Care
Healthcare is a Human Right
Patients Before Profits