We got interrupted by the little frenzy that went down when the LAPD posted the park hours sign (5am-10:30pm). Has there been confirmation yet if that was the official 72 hours notice? I spoke with and have video of a Lt. who couldn't confirm if that was the case, only that they are NOT raiding us tonight, but he couldn't say that it wouldn't happen tomorrow.
We have already started moving equipment out of the tent tonight and they are safe at Greg's house in Sherman Oaks. We are still finishing up the rest of the move tomorrow morning at 10am. Yvonne is leading this effort (thank you!).
We now have a Media team text group, I'm pretty sure this is the number to text to get on it, I'm still waiting for confirmation but someone try it out and let me know:
Text JOIN to xxx.xxx.xxxx, let me know if it doesn't send back confirmation immediately
Let's PLEASE only use this for emergencies!
Also, we need to vote on our emergency meeting place:
1. Pho restaurant at 2nd and Hill- They are open 24 hours
2. piXel Frequency space at 931 E. Pico Blvd. #202- This is the live/work gallery space that I emailed about before. Paul Shepherd, copied here, has generously offered to let us regroup here after the raid. His number is xxx.xxx.xxxx(withdrawn from media), if we vote to use this space to regroup, please call/text him first to let him know we're coming.
Also, does anyone have John's contact info? (Tall blondish guy who's been doing an awesome job running the front desk with Pam) Just want to make sure he's looped in and will be able to connect with Greg and Yoshi to hammer out org. stuff.
I'm being paranoid and have deleted some people off the Google Group. Please confirm if you know these people and they should be put back on the list- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Taharah and John, I've sent you invites previously but they haven't been accepted.
Needs and key items below:
- Alex will digitize list of items he’s keeping in his car and send around to the Google Group with his phone number
- Beth will give Yoshi access to Livestream
- Need good laptops to do Livestream
- John, Yoshi and Greg B. will work together to figure out process, structure and workflow
- Beth will talk to 9 to 5 committee to see if we can get volunteers to do media monitoring and alert us
- o *Shineh update- Lots of people have responded to this request on FB, we should set up a discussion board or something where they can get together and coordinate, while also making it easy for us, social media and PR to get a quick download
- Need volunteers to be point person on Curation team to review Flickr, Youtube, Studio Occupy
- Daniil will take the Tumblr off the website
- Need to scope out vantage points and people with cameras to be ready off-site
- Get Bike Scum out on the street, looking out and with cameras, pair them up with a shooter
- Lauren will offer equipment safehouse (5th and spring) call/text first xxx.xxx.xxxx, email@example.com
- Need to request radios through Finance and GA
- Gary and Zach will work on patrolling the police scanner
- Carry ziploc bags and bury your cards if you’re going to get arrested!
source email subject: 11.24.11 Media Team meeting Notes- incl. Post-raid Meet Up location