Some important facts that you will not find in the mainstream (corporate) media today which (completely co-incidentally I'm sure) will be the total polar opposite message we'll hear from the blowhards who only get their information from that corporate owned media bent on misrepresenting this movement:
- None of the "violence" of yesterdays demonstration was planned by, condoned, or in any way sanctioned by the general assembly at Grant Plaza (the protest base and "organization" for lack of better word) or the New York general assembly at Freedom Plaza that the Oakland assembly had originally gathered in solidarity of ("the movement" for those still unsure of the who/what/where). So all claims that broken windows and burning dumpsters "represent" Occupy Wall Street or Occupy Whatever should be called out for what they are: transparent attempts to manipulate the masses that only get their "information" from corporate media.
- Do a Google search for "Oakland Liberation Front" right now. They are a self invented, radicalized, pseudo-anarchist group styled after Black Bloc that attempted to subvert the protests yesterday. They have not been involved in any way with holding space in Grant Park in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street to help raise awareness regarding corporate influence in governement, and have not participated in any way with any of the General Assemblies. They are not part of Occupy Oakland at all. Here, I'll do the google search for you:
- This is the flyer they were handing out around Grant Park the day before the General Strike march to try to provoke, and undermine the movement and demonstration with violence and vandalism:
- The Black Bloc (what the "Oakland Liberation Front" mimics) is an intentionally disruptive tactic which has infiltrated and radicalized protests world wide. The core principles and tactics are: Vandalism, rioting, and street fighting. The Occupy Wall Street demonstrations, ongoing protests, and movement on the whole has defined itself in self stating principles at every assembly from the very beginning as "non violent". Search Google for Black Bloc to find out what it is. Here, I'll do it for you. It will probably look like the photos you'll see all day on the sensationalist corporate owned media that is trying to divert the message away from corporate influence and corruption in government:
- This, I guarantee you will not see on any corporate owned media today or ever. When "Oakland Liberation Front" Black Bloc provocateurs acted against the principles of the actual movement by inciting vandalism during the march, the crowds turned against them:
When other windows were broken, Oakland assembly participants guarded the locations so they would not be damaged further or looted:
Please attempt to help others keep a rational head today. What is being blatantly demonstrated here is how the media will manipulate the message away from the facts, and why. Again, this is a protest and movement against the corporate influence and corruption of the government caused by the few, by reminding everyone of the resulting disaster it has wreaked on the economy and the effects of which the rest of us feel. When that same collection of corporate entities also own the media which ultimately creates the message for the masses, the most true aspects of everything to do with the movement will never be covered, and instead be misrepresented to influence public opinion away from the underlying facts.